Frequently Asked Questions
2024 dates to be announced
Adult 1 Day: $25
Concessions: $20 (at Gate with relevant I.D.)
Children and youth under 16 free when accompanied by an adult
Adult multi-day pass: $35 (no limit on days, no concession price on multi-day pass)
Carers are free, and need to present their card and the ticket of the person for whom they are caring at the entry gate.
All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please note that most of the ticket prices for the workshops include a day or weekend pass to the Maleny Wood Expo. So please be mindful of this when you are booking.
Yes, it’s true. In 2023, ticket prices went up.
It wasn’t an easy decision to increase the entry price but here’s some more information to shed some light on why this had to be done:
- The Maleny Wood Expo has not increased its ticket price since 2015. While the world around us changed, we decided to hold on as long as we could.
- Barung Landcare, the organisation that delivers the Maleny Wood Expo (which is a local environmental not-for-profit Landcare group based in Maleny), has been absorbing the cost increases to stage the event for a long time.
- The Maleny Wood Expo has not been held since 2019 due to COVID-19 restrictions and in those 4 years we (and everyone else) have seen very significant cost increases due to high Consumer Price Index (CPI) increases and the impacts of COVID-19.
- Some costs have more than doubled and every supplier and contractor we use to stage the event have increased their prices substantially. Supplier price increases range from 40% to 150%.
In 2023, our choices were to:
- Run the event at a loss, which of course we can’t do.
- Cancel an event that is much loved and means a lot to the woodworking community and the locals and is a source of income and work for many exhibitors, performers, local businesses and suppliers. Plus it brings many tourists to the area which benefits local business owners across the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.
- Or as we have done, implement an entry price increase.
It is a tough environment for all businesses and implementing a price increase for the first time since 2015 was a necessary step.
Yes. You will be able to purchase tickets via cash or eftpos.
Yes. There is disabled parking available at the showgrounds. As you arrive, you will be directed by Rotary to the designated area. There is also a drop off area and there will be a golf cart available for those in need. There are disabled toilets throughout the Wood Expo, and buildings are also accessible. The grounds are a mix of road and grass and mostly flat, with some sloped areas in certain sections.
Most of the workshop tickets will be available for pre-purchase online via www.malenywoodexpo.com – see the program section of the website.
Workshops at the Maleny Wood Expo book out in the lead-up to the event, so to avoid disappointment, we recommend you purchase your tickets online in advance.
Any remaining spots on any of the workshops will be available to book at the Info Tent at the Maleny Wood Expo. You can pay via cash or Eftpos.
Some workshops will be available as a walk-in event at the Maleny Wood Expo.
Please note that most workshop tickets include a one day or multi-day pass depending on the duration of the workshop.
The Maleny Wood Expo is held at the Maleny Showgrounds Maleny, 13 Maleny-Stanley River Road, Maleny (Route 23), just 1km from the centre of town.
Take a stroll along the Obi Obi Boardwalk walking trail directly from Coral Street to the Maleny Showgrounds.
Limited parking is available at the Maleny Showgrounds for a donation. All proceeds will go to Rotary Maleny.
Parking is also available in the surrounding area requiring a walk to the Maleny Showgrounds. You can incorporate a stroll along the Obi Obi Boardwalk where you may even be lucky enough to see a platypus!
We encourage you to use public transport where possible. The nearest train station is Landsborough.
To ensure we provide a safe experience for all our visitors, we kindly ask that you do not bring your pets to the Maleny Wood Expo.
Assistance animals are accepted.
It’s always wise to be sun safe at the Maleny Wood Expo, this includes wearing a hat, sunscreen, and wearing protective clothing.
We are a single-use-plastic free event so please bring your own drinking water bottle that you can refill at the various refill stations provided by Unity Water.
If you book a workshop, you may be required to bring certain items and wear protective shoes and clothing. Please check each workshop for specific details when you book.
There will be facilities to withdraw money from an ATM if you require cash.
Many vendors will have the option to accept cash or card, although some may prefer cash.
You will be able to purchase entry tickets via cash or Eftpos at the gates.
Please bring some small change if you intend on parking at the Maleny Showgrounds or attending a workshop that asks for a gold coin donation 🙂
Refunds will not be offered for non-attendance, change of mind or COVID-19 or COVID-19 related symptoms.
If the event organisers have to cancel the Maleny Wood Expo for any reason, a full refund will be issued to ticket holders.
If you can no longer attend a workshop, if there is a wait list, we may be able to sell your ticket to the next in line. Please contact the organisers on 07 5494 3151 to discuss your options.
Unless you are a volunteer or exhibitor at the Maleny Wood Expo, you will not be able to camp at the Maleny Showgrounds.
But the good news is that the Sunshine Coast is abundant with beautiful places to stay with options to suit all budgets. A simple search online should allow you to find what you are looking for.